Yorugao

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

New and Old

When I was in TO I could spend sometime in my old favourite book store. I took one book and started reading. I was into the book too much and I didn't notice my friend came and left. (I was at far back of the store. not good spot for waiting someone...oh well)
The book I was reading is this. I've read this book before. When I was in high school, first year. It was one year after the book was first published. I liked the covers. I don't remember what I thought about the book though. Maybe I didn't understand and didn't like it. I was only 15.
I was 15 and just got in the high school. I still remeber the first novel I've read. I was at my friend's house after school. (seems like I was there almost everyday) At her house, we did whatever we like to do. Sometime together sometime separately. One day I took the book from the book shelves. It was her older brothers I think. He's mysterious guy who spent lots of time by himself. He was very pale, smart and quite good looking. I've been to my friend's house often for about a year, but I'd never talked to him. I don't remember I had heard him talking. He had many books and I've read lots of them. I liked his taste of the books. I lost in touch with my friend and I don't know what her brother doing. I can't imagine him, working in a busy office. Maybe he now owns a small book store and happy surrounded by lots of books.
Anyways, I liked the book. I could picture the story in my head. I liked the darkness. I guess I was in that animation like darkness myself. When I was 15, what I did was study and party hard. I had totally different life style back then. That year I consumed more alcohole than I did last 10 years. Oh well, it's extinctive prescription (? 時効?) right?
My passion for reading has never changed though. It started when I was in great 3. Still read a lot now. after... more than 20 years... gee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home